Skip to content

Family violence support services Flyer

There has been a spike in the number of people experiencing domestic violence and requiring support from family violence lawyers.

We understand this is a difficult time. To help you, our family and domestic violence lawyers have prepared a family violence support services flyer.

What are the laws on domestic violence?

Victoria Police has operational responses to family violence. If you or a child is at immediate risk, Victoria Police should be contacted immediately on 000. The police can issue a Family Violence Safety Notice to prevent someone from committing family violence, and order them to leave the family home. The police will also apply for an intervention order, which will require the parties to go to Court at a later date.

A person subjected to domestic or family violence can also apply for an Intervention Order if they do not require police assistance. Direct contact can be made with the local Magistrate’s Court to make the application and request an urgent hearing date if necessary.

Click here to find our free Family Violence Support Services Flyer, which includes important information and contact details about available services in the event you are experiencing family violence.

At Gordon Legal, we are available to provide advice, negotiate arrangements with the other parent or their lawyer, or attend Court with you regarding a Family Law matter or a Family Violence Intervention Order.

What to do if this information applies to you?

For personalised and individual advice, we offer consultations to discuss your matter.

Please call Gordon Legal (Melbourne) on 1800 21 22 23 or our Geelong office on 1800 21 22 23 to speak with a member of our team.

Kelly Leydon, Principal Lawyer, Gordon Legal

We are here to help

When you’re ready, give us a call or click on the button below to send us a message. It will go straight to a caring and committed member of our team who will contact you within 24 hours.